Voting Rating:

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Sound of Silence

Listen...

Do you hear it?

That, my friends, is the sound of silence (cue Simon and Garfunkle background music).

"But, what have you done with the children?" you ask.

Well, I left them in Las Vegas. And--to answer your next question about what kind of mother leaves her children in the City of Sin-- the kind who has saintly in-laws willing to keep them for a week.

So what am I going to do with my kid-free week?  Well, since you asked (you're just chock full of questions today) here is my list:

* Clean and organize all of my closets
* Make my garden grow -- the food plants in it, not the weed ones (that part I've mastered)
* Pay the bills and make a budget that will magically make it easier to afford to pay the bills
* Throw away all the crap my kids have collected-- and forgotten-- but can't possibly live without if they see it in the trash
* Turn our garbage dump back into a garage
* Not eat the dozen Bundtlets from Nothing Bundt Cakes that are in my fridge
* Fill the water barrels. Because it's been two years and they are not going to fill themselves
* Learn how to use my food storage
* Get some food storage
* Write a book

Here is what I have actually accomplished:

* Eaten only two bundtlets
* Stared at a blank computer screen
* Surfed (the internet)
* Got a pedicure
* Had lunch with friends

Mostly though, I have sat in my too quiet house trying to enjoy the silence, but really just missing the noise. 

... Maybe not the fighting noise though.

...Yeah, definitely not missing that.

3 comments:

Melanie Jacobson said...

Hahaha! The bundlets got you!

Becca said...

Evil, evil bundtlets.

So try this: Write 1000 words. Then clean a closet. Then another 1000 words. Another closet. You'll be surprised (at the closets).

Julie Coulter Bellon said...

I know what you should do. You should sent me chapter three. STAT! I love your work in progress. Can't wait for more.