Just in case you can't tell, that is a bus screaming, "Aaaa." Why? Because of the wolf perched on top of it with blood dripping from its fangs. Got it? Good. Now go. Then come back when you're done because I'm going to describe the kid who actually did draw it.
She is my Girl 3 and six years ago this week, she looked like this:
But now she looks like this:
And this is the picture we sent out in her birth announcement:
But this is the one we should have sent out:
Because, lo these six years, her sisters have been pretty convinced she is the favorite child. And according to a recent Time magazine article, they may be right.
She certainly brought a new level of joy to our family when she was born. And she still does--despite the occasional screaming and all too frequent whistling.
I'll admit it, some days she is my favorite. Especially when she skips and twirls. Oh, how I love the skipping and twirling.
Except when we're late (which is often). Then I don't love it as much.
But I still love her just the same.
And because she had a birthday and this post is about her, here are five more things I love about her:
1. She laughs so loud when she watches the Muppet Show or Donald Duck that you can't help but laugh with her.
2. She asked for fizzy bath balls for her birthday.
3. She likes to wrap her arms around my neck when I lie down next to her at bedtime.
4. She likes to chase lizards, but never actually catches them.
5. She says "I'm happy that...(insert things like, Lola (the dog) got a haircut") at random times, sometimes long after the thing that made her happy happened.
Oh, and her artistry skills. Let's not forget those. It's not every little girl who, when given the assignment to draw a picture for her school calendar, will draw a bus being mauled by a wolf.
Or a turkey pooping--which is what we got last November. Can't wait to see what she comes up with this year.
Happy Birthday Birdie!